Click here if you are having website access problems ×

starter motor - brise v cc

andymal

What is the latest wisdom on which starter is best to use? I have the dreaded click again despite the relay mod and a new top range starter less than two years ago. Both Brise and CC appear to now supply an axial starter with the solenoid built in. Any reports of problems with either of these latest versions or recommendations of which will be most reliable and easiest to fit greatly appreciated.

Andy

I have ’97 Supersport with 4 into 1 external system and tried fitting a Caterham axial starter last week for the same reason. It does NOT fit. A small amount would appear to be needed to be ground from the block adjacent to the mounting flange which is not a problem, what is a problem is that the ‘connection block’ for want of a better description fouls no 3 exhaust primary.

I was quite disappointed, a neat unit, solving the solenoid problem, which looks very similar to the Brise unit at much cheaper price. I would guess a standard manifold would have that much more clearance - if only the connection block was rotated a few more degrees inboard it would be OK.

I'm having a similar issue with the brise wrt the block on my car. I think my block is similar vintage (~97).

I have a 4-2-1 and don't have the issue with the connector block.

Be very careful to keep a firm hold on all nuts and washers!