Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham 21 T992 GKP

L7 FST

• Area Representative

Hi

I have mailed the 21s list to draw their attention to your post.

very contemporary and purposeful
They are all that! *wink*

I know of only two silver 21s and neither had minilites when I saw them, to my knowledge (but wheels are easy to change)

Edited by - Golf Juliet Tango on 25 Jan 2008 11:43:39

It's mine. It's recently come back from the 7 Workshop where it had a complete refresh. Nice to get some positive feedback as the owner is always biased 🥰.

It has 14 inch minators with 195/60 A048s and new shocks and springs from Freestyle - set up to ride high for London speed bumps. I wanted lighter wheels, higher profile and narrower rubber to improve the steering and ride. Chris recommended the minators because they're tougher than some of the ultra light alternatives and relatively cheap to replace if they get curbed etc. I've kept the 21 "coasters" from the HPCs in case anyone wants to restore the original spec.

Steering is transformed - now almost as light as the 7 when parking. However with working suspension I'm now really noticing how much more rigid the 21 is than the 7 - the ride is superb and passengers are amazed at how comfortable it is. Used to get tramlining with the HPCs - now vanished.

Other things - cloth and plastic interior retrimmed in leather, [Vauxhall?] gearknob replaced with Caterham alloy (was finding slightly angular edges uncomfortable), complete replacement of cooling system (hoses, radtec, stat, head gasket...) and metal throttle body, plus sundry other fixes (e.g. Chris has saved me 2 kg in weight by drilling out the drainage hole in the nose so that I'm no longer carrying 2 litres of collected water in the bonnet...).

7 Workshop did a super job *thumbup*. Chris spent ages making sure I'd thought through the options, made helpful suggestions and the quality of the work carried out was first class.

My retrim is good - seats, tunnel cover, door inserts, knee trims, dash cowling and hood refurb, carpets - paid just over £1200+vat for the lot, including a new frame for one of the seats and having caterham stamped on headrests.

Then my dash/glove box inserts and centre gauge pod insert were re-finished and repainted in a lovely Mercedes Lavagrau grey (they were cracked and crappy before) along with repairing repainting the side window trims for £250

Masked and repainted the instrument surrounds in a nice satin finish and the dash looks great - new vinyl trim on the dash in front of the cowling to reduce reflection from the highly polished finish and is beginning to look the mutt's.

Oh, and I've replaced all the blubls in the dash with LED's now so I can actually see them in the dark

And I've had Trev Newman and Angus (of Angus&Tessa fame) design me a panel for the rear of the cockpit that sits over the carpet and takes my Starcom sockets and a pair of charger sockets - updates the cockpit a little. I've had Bruce save the pattern in case anyone else wants one. The holes avoid the rear rails perfectly and it sits over the point where that pointless rear cockpit light is on the 21. Nicely powdercoated.