Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LSD LUBEGARD

Dick Whittington

CC recommends LSD LUBGARD as an additive for LSDs.

I'm just about to top up my ZF LSD and I was wondering:

1. Is it possible to tell if it has got any in the LSD already? Did not fill the LSD myself; don't know what is in it! If I took a sample would it have a distintive colour or smell?

2. Is the loss in torque (5%?) going to be too noticable on my 1600SS

3. As I'm just topping up, what could be the down side if I just stick it all in anyway?

4. Is it worth bothering at all.

Any advice please!

Dick

And all I ask is a fast car and a momo to steer her by

It comes in a tube rather like a largeish toothpaste tube and if I remember correctly is a similar colour to the normal hypoid oil so I doubt you could tell if it is in there without having a sample analysed. I don't know what the effect would be if you added a second lot but if you really want to use it and are unsure what's already in there, why not replace the oil completely and then refill using the Lubeguard?

Brent

(aka Arfur Nayo)

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 16 Jan 2008 12:55:41

Thanks for the reply Brent.

Yes, as I don't know what is in the diff, I think I'm better to change the whole lot. Atleast I'll be sure.

And thanks for the offer of the pump, but I've already bought one, well I though it would double up for colonic irrigation purposes too.

Already chopped a 10mm allen key down to size and surpise-surprise all the plugs on the diff and gearbox came undone really easy. *smokin*

Dick

And all I ask is a fast car and a momo to steer her by

If it was originally supplied by CC then it most likely is a ZF plate type and Caterham themselves recommend the use of the Lubeguard additive. In fact the Lubeguard was supplied with my kit as I had specced an LSD from the start. *thumbup*

Brent

(aka Arfur Nayo)

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 18 Jan 2008 23:30:33