Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harnesses and Tillets

Tim V-W

Having just tried the passenger Tillet in the car it looks like the harness release mechanism fitting won't fit through the cut out in the side of the seat.

Can the release mechanism be removed from the harness (if so how?), or, do I need to unbolt the harness from strap from the lower mount on the car?

Thanks

Tim

Unbolt from the lower mount. PITA to adjust though when fitted. Speak to Steve Tillet and see if you can cut the whole larger. That's the route I'm taking with my seats I bought direct from Steve - When I get around to it though *cool*

Hi, I have recently fitted Tillets to mine and thought the same thing! Anyway after much thinking (and cursing!) I managed to get the harness through by turning and holding the red release part in a different position and twisting it all sideways through the side of the tillet.... worked for both seats, the second was much easier!

cheers, John

On the Luke harnesses fitted to my 1997 car it is possible to remove the buckle from the fixed strap. If you look at the rear of the buckle you should see a small hole by the fixed strap. By using a small nail/pin you can push down through this hole and depress the large sprung pin that holds the fixed strap in place.

Its a bit tricky as you have to press the pin and pull the strap at the same time but you should be able to remove and refit the buckle in this way.

Ian

• Area Representative

On my R400 seats the buckle passes through the slot reasonably easy. However, I used to unbolt the harness (19mm) before fitting the seat. Simply let all the slack out in the harness, feed the end through the seat and then do the 19mm nut up and then fit the seat in place. No hassle at all - in fact easier than my current method of feeding the buckle through the hole...

Nick

The BEC has gone - now onto an R400!!

Thanks for all the replies.

On reflection they have made me think that sometimes, just maybe, you post a Q on BC before even thinking about how to actually do, what could be, a simple job - with a little thought 😬

Tim