Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting a full cage

bobt

Hi,

I have a year 2000 Superlight and would be interested in fitting a cage. I've seen two varients but prefer the look of the lower one as the other type looks too high. Couple of questions:

What is the proper name of the lower styled cage?

Will the car require modifications to fit one?

How much does a cage cost?

Thanks

Rob

There is a roadsport cage, or a superlight cage.

The old design roadsport cage has a straight diagonal bar across the top, and allows for use of weather gear and windscreen.

The superlight cage has two curved bars across the top, and does not allow you to use the weather gear.

Only dead fish go with the flow....!

Hi,

re no weather gear: thats fine as I run with an aero. Will the tonneau and halfdoors (ones with elbo scoops) still fit tho?

thanks

Rob

Edited by - bobt on 21 Dec 2007 12:14:54

Edited by - bobt on 21 Dec 2007 12:15:35

Off the top of my head I can think of 4 roadsport variants for a dedion S3 - one of them is a tall cage and one has curved top bars. There are 3 variations of the Superlight cage on top of that, but they all look broadly similar.

I'd be astonished if you needed modifications to fit a Roadsport cage, but whether you'd have all the bushes for a superlight cage is anyones guess.

A Superlight cage was £700 + vat the last time I bought one, and I think the Roadsport one is a little cheaper.

Don't think the half doors will fit with a SL cage. Although I believe if you buy the carbon ones from Mog you can get them to fit. As far as I can remember though, they either have to be on or off as there is not a lot of space between the cage and the body.

• Area Representative
Don't think the half doors will fit with a SL cage. Although I believe if you buy the carbon ones from Mog you can get them to fit. As far as I can remember though, they either have to be on or off as there is not a lot of space between the cage and the body.

Casbar, standard CC half doors do fit with a curvy SL cage. Howard R has fitted a set to his Fireblade car

Nick

The BEC has gone - now onto an R400!!