Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shrewsbury/Welshpool/Newtown, going to Gaydon Sprint, or Kent (or Newbury)

Ian B

I need to retrieve a (fairly fragile) box that I'd rather not trust to the Royal mail/Couriers *eek*

It's starting off in Berriew (SY21 8PD, between Newtown and Welshpool), and needs to get to me near Maidstone in Kent (or near Newbury where I can collect it from).

I think we can get it from Berriew to Gaydon on 11th Nov, so maybe an option from Gaydon to Kent??

Anyone passing any of these ways please?!

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳

Edited by - Ian B on 19 Oct 2007 19:48:02

Don't think I can manage it that quick, unless I have a major customer need that suddenly arises ! See what I can do, but not hopeful at the moment - I shall throw it open to the field again in the meantime.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. Seven related photos

Thanks guys. The box is wooden with a glass top and measures about 500 x 350 x 75mm (at a guess) and contains some fairly fragile electro-mechanical parts. Not too delicate, but I'd prefer it was carried on a car seat rather than the bed of a trailer IYSWIM.

If that's not too big for you Dave, where are you travelling to/from (via Shrewsbury)?

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳

OK, it looks like Dave's collection tommorow isn't going to happen (but many thanks for the offer Dave).

So can anyone else either collect from Berriew (near Newtown/Welshpool) and get it towards Kent or Newbury;

or, if Malcolm can get it to the club sprint at Gaydon, can anyone bring it back from Gaydon to Kent please?

Ooh thanks Mark, Darenth would be good.

Unless anyone is going direct from Welshpool to Maidstone , it sounds like the best bet so far *thumbup*

Ian,

if it's looking as if Englishman..... is going to be bringing it down then I can still collect next Sunday if you let me have address and phone contact details.

(Don't suppose it would fit in the passenger seat of the 7 would it (I need to measure *tongue*))

X-flow(er) power now resting. Trying Vx for a change.

Thanks guys, I'll need to check the diary (at work) for the awards lunch, and I was hoping you could give it a gentle ride Dave 😳 😬

OK guys, thanks very much for the offers *thumbup*, but it looks as though another sevener is able to collect it this week and bring it down to kent, so all being well it's now sorted (this does depend on them recovering from a bout of man-flu though *eek*).

Thanks again *thumbup*