Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyres and Suppliers!

Andrew Russell

Having followed recent topics on tyre suppliers and prices, earlier this week I placed an order for some replacement Yoko A021R's. I needed two 185/60 x 13 and the best price that I was quoted was from Easytrack at 61.00 each, inc VAT and delivery.

I did try George Polley but he was a little more expensive and as the tyres were to be delivered for fitting, I was not really concerned where they came from...price was all and so I went with Easytrack.

Now for the interesting bit!

The delivery ticket with dispatch details on it showed that the tyres had actually come from George Polley in Sussex rather than Easytrack in Oxford. I am a little confused by this!!

Anyway, a brilliant service by both of them....or one of them...or whoever. I telephoned my order and posted a cheque on Monday 31st July and tyres arrived yesterday, 2nd August.

Thanks.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew, I spoke to George Polley a couple of weeks ago for the same tyre but in 70 profile and he quoted me £40 each inc VAT and fitting. Dont think there is a massive difference in 60's vs 70's on pricing if any. When I confirmed that I was a black pudding he was astounded and agreed to deliver instead of fitting for that price. I suspect that the supplier of your tyres has put a substantial mark up on the price and used Polley as the distributor. Saves on stock, carriage and agro. Sounds like someone has got it sorted. Speak to you soon.

Thanks for the posts...

My understanding is that George Polley gets thro a vast number of 70 profile tyres and can offer them at a significant saving over the 60 profile tyre. Grass-trackers use the 70's?

As I mentioned, he quoted me a slightly higher price than that given by Easytrack, with whom I placed my order, for the 60 profile.

I was just a little surprised to note that Easytrack have some link-up with Polley's and can still undercut Polley's own prices!

Just really wanted to give both firms a whole hearted recommendation for price and delivery.

Andrew.

It is the Oval acers that use the 185/70R13 size and George has collared the sole supplier tag for them - so he gets through 4000+ per year in hte one size. So he tied a brilliant deal with Yoko for 3 years:-)

When it comes to other sizes and models, he is in the same market as everyone else. But when you think how cheap hte 70's are, it is worth staying with them.

Cheers,

Graham