Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hi Spec Again

GordonW

Have there been quality issues 🤔

I know from first hand that they are difficult to get hold of but when I have managed to do so they were perfectly amenable ... which included changing a pair of silver ultralites (which I'd had in the box for over a year) for a pair of black ones without hesitation or additional expense. They also swapped my pad choice at the same time.

I do understand that the rear handbrake calipers weren't quite as plug and play as initially thought, requiring a little fettling on the bolt holes. Not sure if this has been remedied.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 1 Sep 2007 14:20:23

I've just got their rear single pot ultralight 2 for the back of my 7 - rang them at 2pm Friday and had my calipers by 10am on SATURDAY!

*thumbup*

Running Pagid RS15 I have to say that the width of the caliper is not exactly generous and I'm taking my discs down to 8mm thick rather than 10mm thick to make things fit nicely, but obviously this may vary with pad make/model.

Overall I think the brakes are absolutely marvellous at ANY price - the fact that they are pretty inexpensive is a complete bonus!!!

PS I have the non handbrake rears but they do a handbrake one as well.

Julian,

Do they not do different "spacers" between the two sides of the caliper to allow for different disk widths 🤔

When I bought my front calipers they asked me what discs I would be using in order to build the caliper to the right width *confused*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬