Click here if you are having website access problems ×

xflow distributor blanking plate

New Cat

Do you know a source of the blanking plate to cover the hole when the distributor has been removed from a x-flow? I'd like to buy one off the shelf if at all possible...

Thanks,

Jon

1994 1.7 Supersprint De-dion X-Flow. Yellow with black cycle wings

I know that Vulcan has done this, it was a kind of stepped plug (with an O-ring?) that was held in place by the same clamp that holds the distributer in place.

He was doing this for a rather nice alloy head xflow, I was going to get a blanking plug off him for £15 or there abouts but he had run out of material last time I was in.

Nick

I called Vulcan and they said they just made them up as and when but would not sell me one ☹️ - I have not bought anything else from them which probably doesn't help.

They told me just to use a piece of ally and some silicon sealant

Neither Burtons, Vulcan or Southern Carbs could help but the MRA Minis guys were a good suggestion as they've offered to make one to my dimensions. I'll speak to them tommorow and let you know how I get on. Maybe they'll be interested in running them as a new line for x-flow owners....

It turns out that the A+ series engine has the same size dizzy hole (27mm) as the Kent so I'm going to use an A+ series one. Hopefully the o-ring, perhaps some silicon sealant and engine vacuum effect will be sufficient to hold it in place??? I'll let you know how I get on and if it fits well suggest to them that they also market it to x-flow megajolters. They seem like a really decent bunch of guys (and gals) and they're happy to make one to any spec that anyone wants. Their prices seem pretty reasonable too....