Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Compomotive CXR correct offsets

Simon Owen

Dear All,

I am looking to switch from the Caterham 15" CR500 set up ( all 195's ) to a set of Compomotive CXR's 6 x 13 FRONT & 7 x 13 REAR shod with Toyo R888's 185 60 13 FRONT & 205 60 13 REAR.

( CXR's seemed a good compromise between weight, price and size, particularly as I was keen to go for 6" front & 7" rear to keep within the limits Toyo suggest )

George Polley are struggling a bit in confirming availability for me so I emailed Compomotive direct ..........see response below:

"We will need to know the offset you require as we have supplied several different widths and offsets on these cars, ranging from 6x13 to 8x16, ET-12 to ET35"

Can anybody confirm what i require, hopefully to allow a straight swop without any clashing with metal or wheel arches, looking at the new tyres I have in the garage it looks like all will fit if I get the correct offset sorted I think 🤔

Will the offset differ from front to rear 🤔

Many thanks.

Simon

I fitted CXR's 6" front 7" rear. I think I went for 18 offset front and 24 rear. But I went with what Polley's recommended, so they should be able to advise of offsets.

On the rear, I had to angle grind the de-dion tube off a little. And you also have to be careful where the balance weights are fitted, if you have big brakes.

Thanks...........this ties in with what George Polley have just suggested at ET19 (FRONT) AND ET24 (REAR).

I have been advised that this should be a straight swop without grinding necessary so a bit confused on that one *confused* crossed fingers I suppose

Cheers,

Simon