Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anyone had problems making a K3 Emerald talk to a 5AS?

Mr Locust

Or is it just me?

Computer says it is learning the code but then it just stays immobilised when restarted. I am following the instructions from the M3D controller rather than K3 as the K3 book doesn't mention this. Is there a trick that I am missing?

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

Yes I had a problem, after talking to Karl at Emerald it was to do with the firmware version I was running and the date the Emerald was built. Emerald will provide an upgrade version but it must relate to your actual Emerald serial number, so I can't send you my upgrade I am afraid.

I had the problem with firmware version 2.4 I think from version 2.6 the problem I was having was fixed.

Andy

Mav,

made my own. Immob wire was as documented by Caterham but the tmap temp wire was somewhere completely different in the EU3 plug until I checked it out - don't know whether its a wiring diagram mistake or my car is 'special'. Didn't bother with IACV wiring either.

Andy,

was only shipped from Emerald c. 2weeks ago. Thanks for that, I'll check the firmware/serial and give Karl a ring tomorrow. *thumbup*

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬