Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Swap 15" 10 spoke anthracites with CR500 for 13" 8 spokes?

Little Bob

I have a set of 5 Caterham 10 spoke anthracite wheels with CR500's - one wheel has some paint flaking (spare) the other 4 are great condition. Tyres have around 4mm tread and plenty of life left.

I am considering swapping these for a set of the 13" anthracite wheels 6" front (+ spare if possible) and 8" rear with tyres (not too fussed which tyres, but need to be road legal, so not slicks).

Anyone interested?

Edited by - little bob on 21 Jun 2007 10:28:36

Bob

I have an SLR with the original 13" x 6 fronts and 8" rears (only 4) they are the black centres with polished rims would you be interested in a swop? If so what width are your wheels and would 15" rims fit my arches as I have carbon cycle wings?

Thanks

Ali

I think they're 6 1/2 inches wide - the tyres are 195 45 x 15, the Caterham on-line store isn't too helpful here

I think the stays are either 13/14" or 15" - these wheels replaced 14" Minators with 185 60 x 14 tyres, and are actually slightly smaller in diameter (with the lower profile of the tyres) so fit under my stays no problem.

I'd not thought about the SLR rims - Do you have tyres on the rims?

C7 GTE at Goodwood

Bob

My tyres are cr500 all in good condition, fronts have done about 1000m rears about 2000.

I will send a picture so you can see them if you wish?

If you are interested maybe we could meet up and just check what they look like on each others cars?

Allister

Bob

I have a set of 13" Anthracites with Bridgestone Potenza R720 all with 3-4mm tread left. The spare wheel is brand new bought from CC 2 weeks ago and not yet had tyre fitted. I would be interested in your swap. Call me on 07970656744 or 01206210296 if interested

Slysee - that is a lovely 7, and the only other one I've seen with the same seats as mine!

Ideally I'm after the anthracite 8 spokes, but if I can't find any I'll come back to you.

How much were the nitrons and are they as good as people say?

C7 GTE at Goodwood

Bob

Thanks I do like the SLR, it is fantastic fun and standard with 200bhp (dynoed last week).

I must admit I would like to change the seats to Tillets as I am 6ft 4" and could do with the additional height in the car.

Okay about the wheels no probs, I am a little unsure if the Anthracites are right for my car as I don't think they are quite so wide on the back?

Mine doesn't have Nitrons, I replaced the cycle wings recently and these had stickers on so unfortunatly I don't know , that reminds me I must take the stickers off.

Thanks

Allister