Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Front brake pads

Piers7

I've just ordered a set of Ferodo DS2500's for the front *thumbup*

My only other question is will the standard rear pads be ok 🤔 Or will they start locking up 🤔

Cheers guys

Superlight #115

Edited by - Piers7 on 13 Jun 2007 17:36:17

• 6 months later...

I've got RS16s on my front big brakes and blue spot rear pads (Sierra caliper).

I think my 250mm rears can take some more braking force so I want better rear pads . . . question is, shall I get RS16, RS15, or RS14 Pagids. They'll be used predominantly for sprinting/trackdays with soft tyres. I have a proportioning valve so I'm not fussed about balancing compounds.

I put DS3000s on my SL since I couldn't stomach the price of RS14s and in my opinion they were fab. On track they worked a treat and on the road there was minimal noise.

I got mine from Demon Thieves and even then they were less than half the price of Pagids.

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087 (no longer)

Another for the Pagid. Are they worth the money... Hell yes!

Hit the brakes and its like dropping an anchor!

I had Ferodo ds2500 on my alfa spider. They destroyed the discs in 2 years and at £600+ for the fronts it was a bit of a bummer!

Never used the 3000 so cant speak for them.

Very happy with the Pagid..... 16's on the front and 15's on the rear of my Seven but I would go for say a 14's for the road.

John Frith at Performance Braking is very helpful if you want to just have a chat.

Grant Taylor - OBNS Motorsport 😬 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip'. *wavey* YBNS VX Classic. 😬

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 7 Jan 2008 16:52:40

Adam

I had rs14 on the rear and found that the back was overbraked. See any of my moments on the 2006 sprint dvd. I sold them and refited the standard pads. 2007 and my braking was more consistent and a lot less unpridictable. I did think about a balance valve. but took the cheep option.

David