Click here if you are having website access problems ×

where to get wheels aligned

olij

Where do you get your wheel alignment carried out? everywhere i try they say it's too light "going to have to strap it down sir, need the car for a day" or they have no data and won't touch it.

Ideally if anyone knows somewhere in Bath or Salisbury area that'd be ideal, but also names of national chains you guys use would be good?

Otherwise I'll take it up to Millwood (caterham dealer) - any excuse for a blat!

cheers

Oli

I got my tracking done last week at Bathwick Tyres in Salisbury, they have a laser aligner.

If you want camber checked, then that last time I used, Micheldever Tyres - Micheldever Station or there is a place in Andover that will do it, but their ramps were bust the last time.

Or check the camber yourself with a camber gauge.

You have to tell them what you want it set too. I went for neutral on the tracking, you can then adjust toe in, as you want it

Edited by - casbar on 4 Apr 2002 13:10:41

• Area Representative

Took my first self-built Caterham to ATS a few years ago straight from my garage and they set it quickly and accurately using "normal" equipment. No mention of special treatment except (fortunately!) wrapping something round the clamp before they adjusted the car.

Incidentally took my Cavalier SRi back to same place after the front wheel had been ripped out (ask the wife!) and rebuilt and excepting the comments about "Strange, has it been in a crash...!" they sorted this out as well with mininum fuss and it was spot on, again.

HTH

Nick

Thanks for your replies - i will give bathwick tyres a go on saturday morning i reckon. not sure what the others were on about?!

thanks again, will be ina BRG supersport with full cage and no. boards - wave if you see me....

cheers

Oli

just taken it to bathwick in salisbury - very efficient and seemed to know their onions. couldn't do camber but did toe and have said i can take it back after i have done the camber myself and they will reset the toe for me for nothing - think he was a bit embaressed to have charged 20 quid for about two minutes work!

thanks for help

Oli

The only place I could find to check camber, was either Micheldever or a place in Andover.

In the end I used a friends gauge, which he bought from Demon.

My better half saw a red caterham filling up at Waitrose in Salisbury - was that you Oli?

No, not sure who that could have been. My steed's a brit racing green Supersport with cage and white number boards. Is it you that owns the metallic blue flared wing 7 that i see around the place?

I went to Micheldever tyres and they would only do it on a week day aand would need the car for a half day which seemed a bit excessive to me. they are apparently very good though - friend with an Elise uses them a lot.

No, mine is a red flared wing car.

I used Micheldever just to tell me what the camber setting is. Once you know that, you can adjust it yourself, because you know what each turn of the joint is in degs. .5 of a deg I think.

Anyway, my mate has a camber gauge, and I have a ball splitter, so between us, we could, check/setup your camber if you wish.

Drop me a mail off list, and we can sort something out.

Robert