Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Battery

Stuart Wallace

I need to change the battery as it has finaly expired but the first lines in the handbook read something like "remove carbs and steering culumn.....", is this the only way?

I think I have the original Banner battery (the car is a 91 VX HPC). Is there a better alternative?, not to last longer but just better.

Stuart,

If the battery is where it used to be on mine, then it can be removed under the car. Disconnect and free the battery up - not easy but can be done without taking the carbs off. The battery can then be slid backwards and out to the underside of the car. You need to jack the car up so the battery will slide out - though if its the gel type, it can be turned on its side to get it out.

In the words of the Haynes manuals - installing the new one is the reverse of this procedure. After changing the battery twice in 2 years, I moved mine so I could get to it easily *tongue*

Good luck,

Dave H

Stuart,

For stockist info,

Phone Banner on 01889571100 they will tell you your nearest stockist, i did this last month they were very helpfull even gave me stockist tel no,
from here.

Steve.

West Sussex AO

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear