Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help - Coolant Issue on 1.8 K Series

viperbl

Rich,

Glad to here you are up and running. I had similar issues with the liner heights which caused HG failure so at the height yours are at I suspect that day will come around agian fairly soon ☹️

You could do worse than getting in touch with Oily directlt at DVA at Milton Keynes who sorted out my liner heights by linishing the block and having the head skimmed. Absolutely fine since *smile* Understand Logistics are not so easy for you though.

Pictures of the head & liners etc on my signature link below.

Oil - hopefully just a faulty sender (easily damaged on a K as its at the front and takes impact easily. Worth cleaning the connectors and checking output first.

H20 Temp - I ran with a race TS (74deg IIRC) but found this far too cold for road use. It took ages for the temp to get to 60deg even and the oil stayed cold for a lot longer in winter so I switched back to the standard TS when I sorted out my coolant / replaced perishing pipes etc recently. Now warms much quicker (both water & oil) and quicker to get up to a good operating temp too (80deg). I'm surprised that one or two holes in a standard TS would keep your temp so low though...are you sure its not a lower opening TS 🤔

Paul

Now DVA Powered SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool* Pictures here

Thanks Paul,

Had a look at your pics, looks like I got the land rover gasket as well.

Went out last night, oil pressure started about 3 and dropped to not a lot by the end of the run.

Yes, sounds more like an open thermostat to keep it that cold, last night was a little cold but or normal driving the temp never really went about 40 deg. I am just concerned that this is bad to run the engine with the water at this temp.