Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Paint

Whipsiderry

I have asked Caterham parts if they can supply Caterham yellow paint, they can, but at around £64 plus VAT for a litre of 2pk I thought this was a bit steep. My local paint supplier can mix some up by using colour charts but I am worried that it might not be a good match. Has anyone bought paint from CC and was it that much? Philip

• Area Representative

TSK paint Caterham's cars. Give them a call on 01322 441604, ask for Tony. Very friendly and I think very reasonably priced. Getting my car resprayed there this month *smile*

Nick

• Area Representative

Whipsiderry

I spoke with TSK not long ago and as helpful as they are, they are not geared up to supply tins of paint other than via Caterham, although it may be different if you are close enough to be able to collect from them.

As its Caterham Yellow you need, I sugest you do a search - there are details of the various 'recipes' for Caterham yellow as the topic has been covered in the past. Taking the recipe to a local paint shop should enable them to make it up exactly.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

www.lads7.co.uk

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

I got this from a post some time ago, though not tried.......

Ian

The paint code for my Caterham yellow (2001 car) is ICI PO 30 99 72 Glasurit VWL 10 / 00W

To close this thread & help anyone out who searches for it in the future, I have the Dupont receipe for Caterham Yellow, given to me by Tony at TSK. The receipe make 1 litres and is:

AM44 649 g

AM51 658 g

AM7 668 g

AM1 672.6 g

AK100 1180.6 g

The theory is that you can take this receipe to any spray shop who uses Dupont paint products and get a precise mix for caterham Yellow. I havnt tried this yet, so bear no responsibilty if it turns into a mucky grey!!

For touching up - stone chips...etc Porsche 139 (Blutengelb) is damn close