Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Manual clutch pedal clevis pin

Tony C

Just removed the cable from the clutch pedal and noticed mild wasting of the clevis pin.

Not in any danger of snapping, but surprising wear after only 42,000 miles in nearly four years.

Might be worth an inspection *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Just to make sure:-

The clevis pin is the pin that attaches the cable to the top of the pedal.

The split pin stops the clevis pin from falling out *cool*

Section 9, Page 5, Fig 4 in my Assembly Guide.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

You're correct Tony. I was afraid you had your Clevis mixed-up with your split. I seem to remember that in the US they call what we know as a split pin a clevis pin.

I guess the clutch clevis pin gets more wear than the brake one. Although it's non critical, compared to the brake, it could be a tad embarrassing if it broke *eek*

Just something else to include during regular maintenance *cool*