Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Any interest in: Canon 350D, BG-E3 grip, EF 70-300 4-5.6 IS lens?

Myles

I have finally picked up the boxes from my parents house (didn't want to sell without them) and have the following available:

Canon 350D body (silver, purchased at the end of December from Jessops. Returned a month later (broken eyepiece adjuster - clumsy father...) and replaced with a new camera from stock - so only 10 months old). Includes: Box, instructions, charger, original battery, all CDs, body-cap etc. Does *not* include a lens or memory card. Available now. On ebay...

Canon BG-E3 grip for the 350D (and also compatible with the new 400D). Makes the 350/400D much nicer to hold - especially with a big lens. Also doubles the battery capacity (comes with a Hahnel spare battery). Purchased in April(ish). Boxed with receipts, instructions etc. Sold - just waiting for the transfer before shipping.

Canon EF 70-300 f4-5.6 Image Stabilised USM lens *and* dedicated lens-hood. Boxed with instructions. Purchased end-January 2006. Does *not* include a filter (I'm keeping it, mean bugger that I am...). This lens was one of the early ones and had - let's face it - a design fault that meant that the image was just-noticeably softer when the lens is held in the portrait position (i.e. tall and narrow image). Canon have acknowledged the issue and redesigned some components to fix it. The lens is currently with Canon for remedy under warranty and will be returned with 6-months warranty (I'm given to understand). This is a cracking lens (the IS is great - all my 'big' lenses will/do have this). I'm hoping to have this back within a week or so - but am at the mercy of Canon. FWIW, there are allegedly supply issues for this lens when purchased new - so if you can't find one off the shelf... Nifty passed - sold to Duncan instead. *thumbup*

All of the items are effectively in an 'as new' condition with the exception of the hood for the lens - this got scuffed after going AWOL in the passenger footwell of the 7 for a while... Purely cosmetic - and really not worth getting excited about.

The reason for sale is that I upgraded to a 30D and a 70-200 2.8 L-Series lens (£1300 alone *eek*) and stopped using the 350D. All of the kit is little-used - I tested the water (mmm! lip-smacking *smile*) and decided that I was taking my SLR rebirth sufficiently-seriously to justify a couple of upgrades... 😬

For what it's worth, all of my pictures published in the August 2006 LF (at least 9, I believe *cool*) were taken on the 350D. Can't honestly remember (or work out) which lens I was using though. If anyone is concerned about the 400D having 10MP to the 350Ds 8MP, don't be. I'm keeping my 8MP 30D - and I have printed any number of images to A4 via Photobox (from both bodies) - 8MP don't even start to struggle at this image size. Should be fine to A3 at least...

I'm not really sure if someone would want to mix and match any of this kit - or just buy the whole lot.

I guess eBay is our guide here (and the kit might end up there anyway). I guess £323 for the body , £333 for the lens and hood (£390 new) and £88 for the grip and spare battery. I like palindromes... *wink* Reminds me - anyone have an opinion as to whether '69' is a palindrome considering rotational symmetry? *confused*

If anyone is interested at those prices (plus P&P at cost - but I'll donate the P&P to NTL), lemme know. Otherwise, I'll flog it on ebay.

I can knock-up pics etc. of the kit if needed. Or supply full-fat sample images.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 4 Dec 2006 19:29:50

Edited by - Myles on 4 Dec 2006 19:44:26

If you want it, you can have it. Don't think I'll have any trouble selling each bit individually, so I'm not waiting for the golden-ticket of a single-sale (although that'd cut down the postage/insurance for the buyer...)

Blatmail me (or through my website) for payment details etc. If you haven't quite made up your mind, please let me know and we'll set a decision date.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Got an email today - lens is coming home... Should have it by the end of the week.

Tweeky - do you still want the grip and battery? Haven't heard anything through Blatmail.

Tweeky, can we set Saturday night as the decision point please - I'll put the body and grip on ebay on Sunday (not early) if I don't hear from you.

Others - the lens will go as Dibs as far as I'm concerned. Should be with you next week.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Edited by - Myles on 28 Nov 2006 19:59:11

Duncan - cash received, I hope to get the lens out tomorrow. Tried mailing you, but the email bounced for some reason.

Tweeky - still waiting for the cash to show up in the account - I guess it'll be there tomorrow. *thumbup*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Duncan - sent you an email from work today. The bleedin' PO shut at 1PM today. *mad*

It'll be in the post tomorrow and with you on Friday though.

Tweeky - the cash hit my account today so I'll post tomorrow and you should also receive it on Friday - if you send my your address... *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

The body is on ebay under item 110063796945

Auction ends at around 1PM tomorrow.

Currently sitting at just £240 *eek*

Tellyawhat, if a blatchatter wins the auction, I'll donate the P&P to NTL as with the lens and grip. I'll double the donation if a blatchatter wins with a palindromic price... *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻