Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K16 Head & Piper Cams/followers

phillinda

K16 head from my 1.8 Supersport (no followers or cams). This has only completed 10,000 miles and confirmed by DVA as being suitable for porting. SOLD

Pair of Piper BP285M (740 mechanical grind) cams complete with a full set of matched solid followers (converted from hydraulic by DVA). These were recently removed from a DVA big valve head as I wanted to retain my Supersport Cams. The cams don't appear to have seen much use. See here for photos Cams and Followers £200 + P&P

Phil

1997 Brooklands Green 1.8 Supersport

Edited by - phil&linda on 6 Nov 2006 22:34:48

Edited by - phil&linda on 6 Nov 2006 22:35:36

Edited by - phil&linda on 9 Nov 2006 23:31:04

Edited by - phil&linda on 11 Dec 2006 10:00:46

Edited by - phil&linda on 12 Dec 2006 13:25:09

• 5 weeks later...

Phil,

I've already posted on a thread with Steve Cragg for a head he is selling but depending on his response to me today I may be interested in yours as I've only just bought my Caterham and found it had a soft head so am keen to make sure that the history is known on the head I buy.

Was the 10,000 miles on a caterham from new? Have there been any issues such as HG failure?

Is the head ready to be bolted on or does it need skimming?

If I were to buy it would you be happy for this to be contigent on a softness test?

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

Got your mail, I would suggest if DVA say it is suitable for porting then it is a good head.

If all else fails (sorry about the pun) option 2 for me is to put my new head on the current block for now,.

That being the case I'll drop you a line in the new year with an offer

derek

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)