Click here if you are having website access problems ×

40 DCOE spec for 1.8 Litre Zetec

Tyrone

My carbs currently have 35mm chokes and F11 emulsion tubes in them which are fine for a race engine but not much cop for bimbling round town. Can someone confirm your entire carb spec, thanks.

I'm running a Megajolt and a TPS with it.

Not a great help, but my 1800 zetec is running very happily on the 40 DCOEs previously fitted to a 1760 crossflow - mind you, the 3d mapped ignition probably hides any slight miss match.

AFAIK carnb jets are standard for 1760.

Edited by - allen on 15 Oct 2006 22:15:23

I went from 32mm to 36mm chokes and got a big hole in the mid-range (a lot more than I expected). Good top end power though.

It is going into Aldon for 34mm chokes to be fitted next week with re-jet to suit.

I can let you know what is fitted if required.

MikeK

PS- Mt car runs on Dellortos. Not sure if this matters.

Hmm. 32mm chokes.

I still have my 32mm chokes.

I have been in half a mind whether to get them re-fitted as opposed to fitting 34mm chokes, which was the compromise solution I was aiming at (I have missed the low/mid-range torque since the 32mm chokes were replaced).

In case your interested, by dyno plots are here.

MikeK

The fuel consumption certainly dropped when I had the 36mm chokes fitted (for the same road speed on average).

Taking on-board Oily's comments (thanks Oily), I think I am going to downgrade(?) and refit the 32mm chokes.

So they're not for sale I'm afraid.

Apologies for the hi-jack but thanks for the thread; it has been useful for me.

MikeK

Mike, no hijack there at all, the whole point of techtalk is to maintain a dialogue on the subjects close to your heart. That's why we shouldn't lock the techtalk threads.

No worries on the chokes either. *thumbup* I'll post when I get the results of my RR session.

I figured the 34mm were worth a punt on Ebay, we'll see.

Mike the head and cams are standard. We think the 35mm chokes were used to get as much as possible out of the 40's which may have been a limitation of the race series.