Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series 1.8 engine EU2

C7JFM

Complete 1.8 k series engine for sale. This engine was built new in June 2004 by QED. The spec is as follows:

Standard 1.8 k series bottom end

Wet sump

Standard head ported to suit PTP throttle bodies

QED Q425H cams

PTP throttle bodies and trumpets

Vernier pulleys

Fuel rail

QED ran the engine on dyno and it produced a max 168bhp(running on emerald ecu..map supplied)

The engine was run for 3000 miles before the engine suffered from a presumed head gasket failure. The engine has not been stripped or repaired and is sold as seen.

£850.00

Collect only from Northampton

Email or phone 01604 771404

Chris *thumbup*

Edited by - C7JFM on 29 Aug 2006 07:48:32

If this is the engine that I think it is, I can vouch that this engine produced that power on a dyno (was the 2nd identical one built like that). Was run in by QED on the dyno as well for about 4 hours. Worth every penny of the asking price, even if just for the parts.

What you *might* be able to do is to fit your own cams and induction system, sell off the "old" parts and then make the wife happy as those probably will more than cover the cost of a headgasket :-)

/r

Would you accept an offer for the short motor, leaving you to sell the trick bits separately?? Who ever buys it will need to split it anyway to change the HG.

Im planning on a 1.4k - 1.8k Supersport conversion, I want in the short term to keep the MEMS & standard plenum. Ive already got Verniers, so am after just a working bottom end. Given that your was built new in 2004 by QED, it sounds like a great bottom end short motor!

Ill email you an offer

Tom