Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Quaife LSD for English axle

Bricol

As title - the 3.9 /1 English axle diff assembly it's in comes free - no prop flange tho.

Was working fine when removed - £250.

Pretty heavy even if you don't want the whole diff assembly so would be best collected.

Will be on ebay soon ish if no sale here.

Bri

An english axle is a Ford axle fitted to early Caterhams.

It predates the Ital axle.

I have one in my Seven and it doesn't have an LSD.

And if I hadn't blown all my money blatting around Europe earlier this month I'd be seriously considering buying this one! ☹️

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

The difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I couldn't care less!

Interested in a Quaffe LSD for an English.

"As title - the 3.9 /1 English axle diff assembly it's in comes free - no prop flange tho."??

Can you put the above into English language plse Bri? Interested in a diff only as i have a working axle with std diff. What do you mean "comes free" and "no prop flange though"?

How many miles has this one done, what condition is it in and what car type has it come from?

cheers

Simon7R

To add a little more detail:

The unit is assemble in the diff nose casting from a Ford English axle - the one where the diff un-bolts from the front of the axle once you've pulled the half-shafts. It's got a 3.9/1 crownwheel and pinion set-up which look okay - used, but okay.

The nut and flange are missing from the front of the diff - ie the bit that the end of the propshaft bolts to.

What I was trying to get at is the main casting and the CWP set-up is probably not much good to anyone with an axle - so if it makes postage (!) any cheaper, I'll pull just the Quiafe unit out. Otherwise, it comes with it.

As to useage - in my ownership it got used to see if was any good for the demoted form of motorsport I'm into - and having since ascertained it's illegal under the rules, it got pulled out again . . . seemed to work okay. No funny noises, no odd lurches under power - nothing seemed to be happening that shouldn't be.

As to it's previous life - no idea! But speaking as a mechanical engineer, rather than the guy who's been falling over it for several years, it looks to be in good shape.

In-fact, if anyone has a Sierra one . . . .

Bri