Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tall weather gear...

No Nuts

I've just got hold of some weather gear for the 7 - must be going soft in my old age.

It's the type supplied by Caterham Midlands (formerly CCC) to clear the tall FIA bars / cages.

Do any of you have this gear?

My problem is the positioning of the hood sticks. I have found a position that gives the hood a good shape but it renders the small "inner" stick redundant. Basically the roll over bar itself provides support for the top of the hood and the larger of the two sticks then goes about where the smaller stick would on standard weather gear - in line with the stitched darts where the hood "turns the corner" at the roof / rear panel interface.

I just want to check this is right before I commit to poppers in the hood around the back of the car!!! Any info would be much appreciated.

BCNU

NN blush.gif

I have a car with the similar hood supplied by Caterham Midlands, which i understood to be of a slightly different design than some of the others they had made. It to is made to clear the tall FIA bars / cages.

with our car there is only 1 stick (somthing to do with saving weight!)maybe, but it works fine.

from what you discribe about how the hood looks with the one stick you have used it apears to be the same design.

Mark Bennett

Thanks Mark

I think it is the same. I did a bit more fiddling yesterday and have come up with a rather nice shape to the hood using just the main hoop.

Tonight I put the poppers on round the boot space =:-0

BCNU

NN blush.gif

Don't suppose you have any photos of these taller hoods do you? If so please could you email me them? being on the lanky side I am considering a tall FIA full cage and am trying to get around the weather gear problem.

many thanks in advance,

Oli

Oli

yes can do, but i think the photo's at work so a will sort it out Wed. for your info I'm only 6,1 but there is bags of room once you get in!, better still if you live in the Leicester area you could try it yourself

Mark Bennett

Edited by - Markb905 on 5 Feb 2002 20:51:55