Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mech OP guage Questions Fitting

wild bill

Bought Oil Pressure Guage (plus other necessary bits using 7FAQ)from Think Auto. I can see how it all goes together, but 2 questions

1) Somewhere in Techtalk someone wrote out the best routing of pipes/ wires back to dash but despite endless searching i cannot locate it

2) If i'm getting rid of the standard Caterham guage can i use the existing electrical wiring to power the big red warning light rhather than taking a feed off somewhere else which knowing me i will f**k up seems to me this must be possible

3) What is the best way of securing the T piece and where and whats the drilled hole for?

Yours in Numpty Land

WB

Route the piping from the original OP fitment to the T piece which I mounted on the rear of the steering rack mount part of the chassis using the hole in the t piece. From the the hose goes up to the R/H diagonal, along that and then under the scuttle witht he rest of the loom to emerge into the cockpit through the big grommet on the top of the tunnel.

Useful idea about using the wiring for the old OP gauge for the warning lamp. I've yet to fit this.

Steve.

1. TonyC's installtion notes: here might help if you haven't found them already.

2. Yes that should be possible - in the end I used my existing wiring for the oil temperature sensor on the apollo, and will run some new wires for the pressure switch.

3. Some quick pics of my installation: here

Hope that helps,

Jonathan