Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shift up light

Red SLR

Simon ,

Its not realy solving the problem of why the light stays on , but you could spend £55 and fit a Webcon Sequential shift light and disconnect the ecu one .

Do a search as "webcon" and you will find the shiftlight on their sales page , this also gives you better 5 stage warning for gear change and is adjustable .

Dave

I called Caterham Midlands on this one today, The technical helpline having apparently dissaperaed up its own a**e, they said that they thought the instructions on setting the micro switches on the back of the rev counter were the wrong way round, i.e. the standard position is the supersport position and vice versa, I will try that out tonight and post a reply tommorow

It seems I have been lucky and managed to get one after about 20 phone calls, it got to the stage where people I was phoning knew who I last spoke too as that supplier had just rang them to see if they had any!

Any way will have it by Friday, thanks Dave.

Simon.

X777CAT

The shift light should be mounted directly in the line of sight on the top of the scuttle , so that you can see it in your field of vision .

feed the control wires down and behind the dash or drill a hole in the scuttle

forgot to add ..... mount it on velcro so that you can easily remove it and fit your tonneau .

Dave

Edited by - Dave J on 31 Jan 2002 09:36:43