Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ARDS test qs

Mike Bees

Doing my ARDS test in a couple of weeks. My Go Racing pack is the 2005 model. Does anyone know of any changes in the 2006 Blue Book (or the video) which might affect the written part of the test? On the same subject, a trawl back through Blatchat reveals that there is a black and yellow flag which isn't mentioned in the Blue Book or the video, but it is in the test. What's that all about then? Mike

I don't think you actually need to know anything *smile*. The written questions are just common sense and I don't think have changed - I certainly had the same ones people have had in previous years. Things like:

"You drop your helmet on the ground and put a big crack in it - do you...

(a) Put a sticker over it and hope no-one notices

(b) Put it in the bin and buy a new one

© Carry on using it - these things are made to withstand bumps and bangs

(d) Sell it to a fellow competitor

The answer is always the safest option.

As for the driving bit, listen to the instructor and don't think you've got to drive round under the lap record. They're looking for consistency, lines and awareness (safety in other words), and I believe a spin during the test is an automatic fail so don't do that.

Having said that I haven't heard of anyone who has actually failed an ARDS test, though I'm sure it is possible... *smile*

someone failed their test in the Academy 2004, very inexperienced driver on track at the time, passed on retest. I don't know the reason for the initial failure.

as has been said a couple of times, if in doubt on the multiple guess, go for the safest option.

Martin

Roadsports B with upgradeitis

Two guys failed the ARDS when I did it. The first was from central europe and his grasp of English was insufficient to understand the questions. The second guy had done one corporate day - Bedford or somewhere - and decided he wanted to go racing but hadn't a clue what to do on the track and it showed. He was advised to go and do a few track days and to get some tuition before coming back. The instructor put it quite succinctly - he didn't care if we were fast or slow, just would he feel safe if he was lining up on the grid with us.

The rest of us passed. The worst bit was worrying about my mate who was doing it at the same time - what if I passed and he didn't or vice versa ? He admitted to worrying about that too on the way home !

good luck !