Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RE 720 recommended pressures?

No Nuts

Hi All

getting shot of my shot Academy control tyres (Avon CR 322s) tomorrow for some Bridgestone RE 720s.

Have been running the 322s at 35 psi front and 31 psi rear - yes, you do read correctly, it's the only way to get the damn things to stick to the road. If anybody can explain the logic, I'm all ears.

I have a teensy feeling this may be a bit high for the 720's and was going to go for something like 26 / 22 as the starting point.

Any suggestions? Tyre pressure related or otherwise if you like!!

BCNU

NN blush.gif

NN

I assume you are sticking with the 13 inch wheels and using 185/60 RE720's.

These tyres are the prefferred choice by hhillclimbers/sprinters who wish to retain 13 inch wheels - SO2/3 is unavailable in less than 15 inchers.

I use the RE720 for hillclimbing and sprinting and generally have the pressures set at 20/18 (wet) or 22/20 (dry). Most users of these tyres opt for pressures in this area.

Don't forget the use of the lower profile tyre is likely to reduce your under sump ground clearance a little!!!

Brian

Thanks guys.

I don't plan racing the 7 again after the Academy this year. Maybe I'll race something else one day but my 7's too precious!!

I preferred the sprints and hillclimb which is why I've gone for the 720s.

Thanks for the ride height warning. Hopefully shouldn't be too bad as the car was set quite high anyway to avoid running on the bump stops at the front.

See you all at Curborough next year.

NN blush.gif

Edited by - No Nuts on 12 Dec 2001 18:41:48