Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Do Jill Judd's Half Hoods keep you dry?

nickdodo

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of the Jill Judd Half Hood? I'm considering a purchase and after searching the posts I can't find a report on what they are really like in the rain. Does any one have experience of this?

Nick

Nick in the (1987) 1700 X Flow...

• Area Representative

Yes, they do very well even in torrential conditions. Mine was used by Cookie7 on the way to Le Mans and it rained for about the first 300 miles. I was the one in the aeroscreened car *confused*

Well worth the money IMO and so easy to put up...

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

• Support Team

In a real down pour on the motorway you will need a waterproof jacket as you will get spray coming in from the back of the car. If there isn't much standing water then you will be fine. I much prefer this to the claustrophobic full hood. The other advantage it that it takes much less time to fit.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I used mine my during the last Borders Blat in August this year when the rain was virtually tropical with the puddles, actually rivers on the road, breaking up over the bonnet at some points. The half roof kept me surprising dry and I did not end up with the windscreen misting over. I did get a bit damp from the back spray on the back of the head and the rear bulkhead carpets and underseat carpets had to be dried a bit when I got back. I 've also used it in lighter rain showers and was perfectly dry. Definitely get the thumbs up from me as it can be fitted in seconds if it starts to rain when out and about.