Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CC Rear brake-hose 'kit'

Myles

Received a pair of flexi Goodridge brake hoses from CC today - they are marked as VX race parts.

I bought them to replace the rear hard-lines (possibly) to the std. rear brakes when (Insh Allah) I fit my new front calipers this w/e.

Each pack contains a hose terminating in a female adapter at one end (inboard end?) and a long male connector (almost an inch of thread) - caliper end? Also, a small packet containing a male-male converter (inboard end again), a thin nut (dunno) and in one case (LH hose pack) a copper washer (Dowty washer? - presumable to seal the male-male adapter to the female end of the hose).

So - back to the questions - will these fit std. brakes (should have asked I suppose...) - and should I have received a copper Dowty washer in each pack (I guess so...)?

...and will they just attach to the standard T-adapter on the de-dion?

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Oh, FWIW (and the record), the CC part no.s were:

77201R and 77201L described as B.Hose (SS) VX Race-3Way/LH (or RH) @ the princely sum of £13.95+theft each(!)

Yeah, could have got the cheaper but I'd have had to faff with measurements and threads and fittings and suchlike...

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com