Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Changing from ACB10 to CR500's

wrogers7

My ACB10's on my 99 superlight have come to the end of their life ( Last tuesday's Silverstone put the last nail in ) and I'm thinking of changing to CR500 ... I have been told they are a bit more road friendly and still give good track perforance ...

3 problems / questions... I can not find any for sale on the "net" .. other than travelling to Dartford that is .. Any one know where these can be found ??

Also the Superlight currently runs on 185/50 R13 ??? what size CR500 would fit ??

As my speedo is out, is it possible these were NOT the size when the car was first made .. could they have been 15" ???

CR500 sz is 175 50 13 IIRC and should be a direct replacement for the acb10's. You could change the rear ears and the camber if you what to a radial setup rather than a crossply one. Avon sell them direct or there is a place in Birmingham.

David

ps also think this would be better under tec section not for sale.

Edited by - David Nelson on 24 Apr 2005 15:52:10

Calling Wayne, sorry this is O/T but your BC e-mail address is wrong and I am trying to contact you re your mail to me on Dunsfold Slalom. If anyone here knows or can contact Wayne, please ask him to call me on 020 8642 0162.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

Carbon Components from IK9 Composites

just a thought, I wouldn't bother to change the ears yet. Seemingly CR500s work better on a cross-ply setup than ACB10s do on a radial setup (IYSWIM). So I would get the CR500s and try them out. If you want to go back to ACB10s or even use ACBs for track and CR500s for road then the current ear setup would be better.

Graham

Thanks for all the info .. Sorry it's been a while in replying, my new router has proven to be a brickwall, rather than a firewall ...

Steve I will try to ring you tomorrow .. thanks for coming back to me ...

Also .. Question about CR500's .. what would be a good price ?? I have been quoted £130 per ... is that the norm ??