Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Driver's Footwell Trim fixing

susser

The front of the side trim in the driver's footwell adjacent to the throttle pedal is not fixed.It doesn't move much, but enough to just catch the edge of my boot. Should it have a rivet or two ?. If so how do I get to it ? *confused*

Are you talking about the inner side skin (leather grained ali sheet)? If so, the front end of this panel should be secured by black self tappers. This is so the 'knee trim panels' can be removed easily.

Rivets are used from the front end of the door sill rearwards.

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 4000 miles completed!

Are you talking about the inner side skin (leather grained ali sheet)? If so, the front end of this panel should be secured by black self tappers. This is so the 'knee trim panels' can be removed easily.

Rivets are used from the front end of the door sill rearwards.

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 4000 miles completed!

The edge of my shoe used to catch too, but due to the slighly raised chassis tubing in that area. I got around the problem by attaching a piece of "Ally" strip with silicone so there was no longer a step - works a treat and simple to do.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Guy, Tony C

I got some pix (Put the digicam on a stick and used the self timer ); there is a line of holes in the leather covered stuff, and it looks like some screws were fitted that just cleared the end of the honeyomb. There's a rivet at top and bottom but they've pulled out. Guess I'll have to strip the pedal box to refit them. Gives me an excuse to get away from 'er indoors !. *wink*

Edited by - susser on 2 Mar 2005 20:47:59