Click here if you are having website access problems ×

awesome samsung 243t widescreen LCD

RESOLVIWOLF

24" widescreen.. the absolute bollox... 1920x1200 res, far better colors and black/whites than any tawdry apple/sony large format lcd. Life on a computer won't be the same after youve gotten used to one of these babies and the vast amount of screen real estate they offer and the vivid colors and sharpness.

selling for 1k

it has NO dead pixels and over 2.5 years warranty remainiing and comes with all recepits... only had it for about 4 months. As new, completely unmarked and boxed with every single item of packaging and software etc..

review here:

www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=243t&page=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

At that price for a premium brand - yes. But unusually it's 1920x1080 - which is "full HD" resolution.

The more normal resolution for 24 inch computer screens is 1920 x 1200. For example this one for a similar price (though out of stock). What struck me about the one I posted was that it was Iiyama - traditionally a high-end brand.

If I was buying a big monitor now, I'd look for a 26 inch one. They have the same resolution (1920 x 1200) as most 24 inchers, but bigger pixels to make viewing more comfortable. But the Iiyama one is over 300 quid, and even cheapies are £225.

There are 28 inch monitors available with the same 1920 x 1200 resolution. I suspect the pixels would be too big for normal use. You can also get 30 inch monitors with 2560 x 1920 resolution, but that's getting a bit silly IMHO. And you need special graphics cards to drive them.

I have two 20 inch non-widescreen monitors @ 1600x1200, giving an overall desktop of 3200x1200. I prefer this to a big widescreen, because you can easily maximise any window to the current monitor but still see stuff on the other one. Only thing is I keep getting killed in Call of Duty World at War because I don't have such a wide field of view as most people!