Click here if you are having website access problems ×

sva trim

phatcat

With regard to the long strip of SVA trim, I know some of it goes around the top of the dash, but where does the rest of it go?

There seem to be sharp edges all over the front of the cabin:

Most notably:

Knee trim panels - along the top jaggedy edges? I assume so, as you have to cover the fusebox which is around the same place, and less likely to contact with your legs.

Below the dash - semi-sharp edge just above your legs?

Are these the right places? Are there any more interior bits I need to cover to get past SVA? (I've done the external stuff and the rubber strip along the alu panels).

Should I just not worry about it and get Caterham to sort it out at the PBC?

Just panicking really (while waiting on a high-lift jack to get it off the axle stands, and finish off the "proper" stuff).

Mine passed (Summer last year) with the following added to the interior

trim for top of the dash

fuse box cover

plastic covers for side door nuts

the wing mirrors were put on the doors after the sva - for sva i used the windscreen mounted version (an adapter for the mirrors provided in the kit is available from Caterham)

Outside of the car it had:

rubber trim around the edges of the front cycle wings.

same rubber trim around the bottom of the plastic indicator mount.

same rubber trim used around the edges of the fog light and reverse light.

rubber tubing cut to fit tie rod

bonnet catch covers.

i had no bolt head covers on the lower wishbone front mounting as I have an SV (nose cone already coves the bolts)- standard seven would need them fitted.

nut covers on the exhaust bobbins.

no bolt head covers on the shoulder harness mount bolts

I paid Caterham to present my car for SVA as I couldn't make it but I don't think they added any more. when I collected the car the bonnet catch covers were lying in the front footwell. (previously had let them in a box in the boot with loads of spare rubber tubing etc).

Inside the engine bay make sure all wiring is cabled tied in place. I sealed unused connectors etc with plastic bags.

I have a left had drive throttle cable on mine which is longer than standard so have that held at two points by cable ties if i recall correctly.

On the day mine was presented they apparently had an senior inspector visiting the sva centre at Gillingham.

Having said all that Caterham told me a similar Seven failed that day as the senior inspector was monitoring that car more closely!!

James (1.8 SV)

James

Very comprehensive list *thumbup*

Only things I can think of that I had that you didn't list and CC added before the SVA were blobs of silicone in the bolt holes of the front indicators (why - not needed on a Defender), and rubber 'fillets' filling the gap between fog/reverse lights and body. These were not included in the SVA trim pack that came with the kit.

By the way, the latest non-SV nosecone also covers the lower front wishbone bolts now.

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 4000 miles completed!