Click here if you are having website access problems ×

catalyst

siva

Hi all,

does anybody know since when Caterham puts catalysts on the K-series by default? I'm interested in a '97 1.6SS and was wondering whether it would have a catalyst installed. I'm told the car is virtually standard as delivered by Caterham.

thanks

Marc

Take a look in the 7FAQ (link top-right on this page) under the info. relating to our MOT.

Direct link here

I quote an excerpt:

For cars first used after 1st August 1992 you have to check the 6th, 8th and 9th characters of the VIN plate, covering all k-series and Vauxhall XE cars. All these cars should have been fitted with catalysts and will only meet the test criteria if the catalyst equipment is fitted and is working correctly. These tests are applicable for post 1st August 1992 factory cars and for post 1st August 1998 amateur built cars:

HTH.

If you've got a picture of the exhaust-can, it's fairly easy to spot whether it's got the cat or not.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 4 Jan 2005 17:25:26

Nick,

thanks for the replies. As Myles guessed, I'm abroad, in Belgium and I've been told that it takes a recent K-series, with catalyst, to get a seven registered in Belgium.

on the other hand, I have heard that someone managed to register a westfield with a non-injection engine.

anyway, I've requested the VIN.

thanks.

Marc