Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Factory Westfield Megablade for sale.

Alex Wong1697456877

My father in law has decided to sell his Westfield 'blade. From what I've seen, this car is in extremely good condition and has been meticulously maintained.

2000X Factory built Westfield Megablade fitted with TTS blueprinted 893cc Honda Fireblade engine/6-speed sequential 'box and gear selector dash indicator. Custom made stainless exhaust system. Runs on Minilite style wheels fitted with good Advan tyres. Carbon dash and carbon rear wheel arch stone guards. Aluminium rear underbody diffuser. Front anti-roll bar. Car has done 4500 miles from new and is in virtually mint condition. Will be supplied with 12 months MoT. Price £9000.

A set of unmarked Minilite style wheels fitted with good Avon slicks for the car are also available at extra cost.

Pictures here.

email Dracupb@aol.com for more info or if interested.

And it's been deleted...

Ads for cars (and anything else) for sale or wanted is a strictly enforced "Members of the WSCC only" privelige...

Non members attempting to circumvent the rules are frowned upon, and have their postings deleted. Repeat offenders have been known to have their IP's blocked...

Blimey. Just thought some of your members might want to know about a nice Westfield for sale. It's not even my bloody car. Your club's rules are fair enough, but for one who is normally the voice of reason, I am suprised by the tone of your post, Blatman.

As for your threat to block my IP from the WSCC boardroom....... *confused* feel free to do so!

Alan7 - Thanks anyway, and sorry if I've caused you any embarassment!!!!

Edited by - Alex Wong on 3 Jan 2005 21:33:14

I agree. The only tone is the one in your head, Alex. Read it again with a different, friendly tone in your head and you'll feel much better.

This is my annoyed tone...

I haven't threatened to block anyones IP. I merely pointed out what happens if we get people taking the piss with repeated attempts at posting ads, just in case. It happens... I would imagine that when Blatchat goes members only, similar options to prevent non members having access to a members only part of the site will be available to the management team, and I fully expect Blatchat users to support them, rather than help non members circumvent them. Rules which you agreed to abide by when signing up as a user. Or is there something wrong with obeying a Club's rules 🤔

[/annoyance]

If you want to make sure that ALL WSCC members get a look at whats available, you, as a non member, can advertise it in Westfield World for a small fee, just like Low Flying. Contact the Editor at editor@wscc.co.uk for details. Good luck with shifting it.

Er, no. Posting in the For Sale sections of the WSCC Boardroom is a benefit reserved for paying members. Which is just what Blatchat will become in it's entirity quite soon.

If it's opened up to anyone, members lose an inportant advantage of being a member. The WSCC moderators are seeking to safeguard members benefits, and apply the rules appropriately. I still fail to see how actually applying or enforcing the rules can be anything but right and proper. Not applying the rules would be negligent, and sets a bad precedent.

Or do we assume that you hold the rules of the L7Club in similar contempt, and consider them, and their application to be stuffy 🤔

Edited by - Blatman on 4 Jan 2005 08:40:57

No probs Blatman - just thought it was a bit harsh as members (WSCC) have advertised cars on behalf of non members before - Like the Alfa that's on there - and that's not even a Westfield, and the owner doesn't appear to be a WSCC member.

Whatever, I was just doing my father in law a favour. No ill feeling etc etc. Happy New Year!

Alex

*smile*

No danger of hard feelings at all. *smile*

As for the Alfa being advertised, we do allow bona fide WSCC members to post on behalf of friends, but ONLY in the appropriate sections. This ensures that ads themselves are ONLY from WSCC members and prevents non members from turning our "Chit Chat" areas in to a free for all. I'm sure you can see the logic... Sure, it sounds like a bit of a grey area, but it works for us, and so far it seems to work acceptably well.

Happy New Year to you too.

He is the worst serial car owner I know - Rarely keeps anything for more than 6 months - I can't imagine him joining a club for every car he's owned!!. He's bought/built and or sold a 70's Alfa rally car, a Transformer Stratos replica, a stunning D type replica and the Westfield - all in 2 years. The Westfield (despite my strong prejudices!!) is a lovely car and well worth a look for anyone who's interested. He's had a couple of Hillclimb class wins in it and looks after his cars in the way you'd expect an ex-military person and Can-Am mechanic would. To top it all off, one of his first cars was an S1 Lotus 7.

Fortunately, his daughter shares his love of interesting cars. 😬

Edited by - Alex Wong on 4 Jan 2005 10:34:41

Alex

No harm done - no embarassment as I put it in the General Board for informatoin only I thought it would be OK - apparently not.

Think you may find it's appeared again in the WSCC For Sale section.

Goes to show there are some friendly Westfield owners *cool*

Blatman, point well made

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

I know. I saw the group buy thing and took part myself.

I have no idea, BUT I have a strong suspicion that group buys don't necessarilly financially benefit the individual doing the arranging, and are for everyone who decides to join in to benefit from. So more for the community at large than for a single benefactor. The more peope who buy, the better for everyone, presumably. The vendors make a nice profit, and the Club makes a good name for itself. Also, bulk buys generally need as much publicity as possible, so it may be that the nature of the ad has some bearing on whether it's left up or deleted.

I'd have to have a look through the archives to see where and by whom the bulk buy posting was made. If it was in the For Sale sections, then it was appropriately posted by a bona fide club member, in which case there is no problem at all...

Blatters, it was posted by me but only in the general chat section as I (rightly IMHO) thought that a) it would benefit Blatchat by upping the numbers so getting the cheapest price quickly and b) us Westie club members should take advantage while we still have the chance *wink* 😬