Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LRP

John E

Having established that I cannot rely upon getting decent fuel for my leaded crossflow on this years pilgrimage to Le Mans and not wanting to do a head rebuild en route wot say you all on the most reliable additive.

I don't know whether this helps, but I'm using the Castrol Lead replacement which includes an with additional octance booster. I've had no problem using this with unleaded so far, even though I've replaced by Caterham unleaded Aldon distributor with the equivalent model for 97 octane.

I chose the Castrol product manily becaus Castrol are a long-estbalished company - and its readily available at Halfords. Its also passed the Historic Vehicle tests. Cost are £10 for a 250 ml bottle, treating 250 litres of fuel.

Keith, Demon Tweeks, although I imagine any decent car place could order from Millers.

DT price:£2.97+VAT+postage for 250ml which treats 50 litres to give a 1.9 octane boost so you might be OK at 'half-dosage' although I'm not sure if the dosage requirement is 'linear'. Jerry Parker.

I believe Octane Boosters tend to use manganese, which has just been linked to CJD.

So we might have a bunch of mad cows driving se7ens, perhaps we already do !!.

Seriously I was going to use Millers in my se7en this years but I am reconsidering, moo !!