Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham 7 Cosworth BDA 1988

zzz192

Original factory built Caterham 7 with Cosworth BDA engine.

New spec Caterham wheels

New upgraded Caterham steering rack

Recent respray on rear wings, nose cone and cycle wings in a fantastic graphite metallic.

4 spare wheels and tyres.

Only 7400 miles

Was built at Caterham and used for only a year, then left standing for years and years until we bought it 2 years ago. Has had many upgrades, looks and drives like a dream.

I have lots of pics, please email me or call me and Ill send some..

zzz192@aol.com 07795 182728

Offers around £14,500 but we REALLY need to sell this.. *smile*

Click here to see pictures

Somebody make me an offer... please!

*wink*

Edited by - zzz192 on 20 Jun 2004 12:57:07

Looks a real nice car and keenly priced -is it tghe BDR or BDA engine per se ?

Try low flying andf ebay- ive sold several cars there

Best of luck

89 BDR 170 bhp yellow / black cycle C6 BJL

Auchterhouse ,Angus

lotus 7 club # 10947

club lotus # 27272

Good question! - According to the paperwork from the build it is actually a BDR, but I have had lots of Lotus peeps saying its a BDA.. Not very helpful I know! - But who would you believe?!

*smile*

Thanks.. Ill check out Low Flying now..

Depends what you are looking at in terms of an 18 yo car .

This one looks like it has immense pedigree and provenance unilke a oridnary xflow of same vintage.

Im sure you can find BDR's around for a less money with much higher mileage which have been thrashed on the track and will drive like a bag of ****e .Also at this time of year decent cars will sell for a 1-2K preumium as cf winter months -which is the best time to buy.

I would rather pay 13-14K for a real nice BDR with a proper Cosworth engine than the same money for a 5 yo X-power roadsport with what at the end of the day is only a Rover engine .

Bear in mind that BDR's usually come specced up with dry sump,straight cut box,LSD,oil cooler ,Alum raditor etc etc .Also if youv'e never heard what a BDR sounds like on full chatter -then you have missed out i suspect.

I guess these things are down to personal preference , but i reckon in terms of bang of buck ,the BDR is the better car,as long as its been well cared for .Depreciation will alwyas be less in the long run as there were only a ltd number of BDR's made and a lot of these went abroad ,especially to Japan-ie over time these will acheive classic/cult status.

I nearly sold my BDR for 14K a few weeks back ,but fortunately i came to my senses and resisted .

If i were still in the market ,i reckon this one looks a gem and certainly worth a close look at .

Auchterhouse ,Angus

lotus 7 club # 10947

club lotus # 27272

It does look like a really nice car....the big but as ever with cars like this is people never get back the money they have INVESTED(spent) on bringing them up to date and back to life. The Caterham Market place has rarely been about what is collectible but what is fun and useable. this looks like a good combination of both but its value is what it will sell for, if thats not too obvious!!

Well the other thing with this car is that pre 89 cars go for big bucks in North America and Scandinavia due to obviation of import duty for this vintage .I had an offer from Canada fro my BDR out fo the Blue and i have a friend who has sold lots of older 7s to Scandanavia .There are not many nice 87 BDR's about and so i reckon he might get a bite from abraod for 13-14K if he put it on ebay .

Auchterhouse ,Angus

lotus 7 club # 10947

club lotus # 27272

Also i would suggest he contact a friend of mine ,Paul Clugston of UK Sports Cars [sales@uksportscars.com],who is into buying older BDR's and VX HPC's-he will sell it on commssion basis as he has lots of contacts .He is an honest injun .He will adivse you as to a realistic price you can expect and will prob take out 10-15% from any sale ,which will leave you with approx 12.5 K clear .

Auchterhouse ,Angus

lotus 7 club # 10947

club lotus # 27272