Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Squeeeeling on tick over

red dave

No, the spigot bearing is where the input shaft runs in the flywheel centre and the release bearing presses on the fingers of the diaphragm spring to release the pressure of the clutch. It could be either but if it stops when in neutral in clutch in or out, it's the spigot. If it stops when the clutch is released in neutral it could be the release bearing. Try a gentle pressure on the pedal, enough to apply a bit of force to the release bearing but without actually clearing the clutch. If it starts when you do that then it IS the release bearing. That is more serious, potentially, than the spigot 'cos it could break up. The spigot will just get noisier but I've never heard of one siezing. Somone will, no doubt, put me right on that! *tongue*

Hope the problem is not to terminal at this stage,

but my car is on same mileage as 7 heavensoon

maybe a batch of dodgey bearings circa April last year

As before interested to find result and fix

Still squeeling *mad* *mad* *mad*

Dave

My kit was delivered in October 2003, and on the road 1st March 04.

Perhaps yours is squealing through under use, and mine through over use 😬

I'll let you know what happens at the 3k service - probably late June...

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. First 2000 miles completed!

*confused* *confused* noticed some gearbox oil on floor of garage, could this have some influence on problem.

Just had 100 mile blat and seems to be on and off, squeeeeling on tick over that is

apart from that car driving very well if not very well driven 😬 😬 😬

Guy my plan was to recieve delivery same time as you and build over winter CC delivered well in advance so had salty winter to drive September and onwards, massive learning curve ice and wet

*wink* *wink* *wink*

Dave

I get some gearbox oil as well - mine is from the speedo drive. The seal that came with the kit leaked as soon as the oild went in, and they sent me a replacement before PBC. This was fine, but is now leaking as well.

I just put some cardbaord under the car to catch it. Another thing for the 3000 mile service *biggrin*

I originally was going to have mine delivered in December, as our first child was due in July, and I was told (by SWMBO) to leave it a few months. 'Unfortunately', my kit was also delivered early! It was really difficult leaving it until March to get on the road, but probably a good thing in the end - missed most of the salt, although we did have 2-3 inches of snow here (Banbury) the morning I went to pick it up (on the train). Luckily all melted by the time I got home *smile*

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. First 2000 miles completed!

*eek* *eek* the oil is coming from gromit possibly the said speedo or just plain p ssing from prop and gear box linkage

😳 😳 trackday at Pembrey next week don't want to miss

does sideways count as mileage 🤔 🤔 🤔