Click here if you are having website access problems ×

oil

Steveh7

I'm sure this has been done to death but can someone give me a definative answer?

I have a 140 1.8 k with appollo used for 5-6 trackdays per year and the rest on road. Im doing 3k oil changes and so far have used the caterham official 5-50w. I've heard that lots of people use halfords fully synth 5-40w....is this ok (its a darn site easier to get)

Go on tell me you know you want too

Yes .

I have used the halfords 5w/40 oil for a long time . You may see a 0.5 bar drop in oil pressure when realy hot , compared to the 5w/50 .

Ps , despite what people say , its not the same as Comma Syner G . Its a different colour , smell and taste .

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 17 May 2004 15:20:57

Agree - I use Halfords (silver bottle!) having splashed out on Mobile 1 for a while.

Tastes somehow more herby, with a hint of sweetness when compared too Comma - not sure if you found the same Dave 🤔 😬

'My First Race - SPA' pictures

here

60,000miles in 3years

Its a different colour , smell and taste

How long have you been drinking the stuff Dave *eek* 🤔

Could do with a couple of bottles in the celler for that special occasion.

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

You can usually get Halfords stuff half price a few times a year. I ship it in, buy a few filters and change every few months. Bit of overkill, but at £20 all in (with discounts) seems a cheap bit of extra protection and only takes a short while.