Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Laminova/Apollo K series

prs

OK, I'm considering fitting a Laminova and already have an Apollo, does anybody have any pics of a similar installation and/or info on the best size to go for. As the Apollo tends to reduce the oil pressure slightly is fitting a Laminova going to reduce it still further.

My water temp sits on about 70c (82c stat with a few holes drilled in it) and I've got the Alloy rad so the system could easily take more temp going through it.

Phil S7 SVN

• Support Team

Check out Roy Booth's site here for pictures and installation instructions. When I fitted mine, the existing Apollo tank was in a slightly different position to Roy's and this made fitting the Laminova in a bit of a pain. Oil pressure will drop slightly but not much.

The job is pretty easy if done with patience and if you have expensive silicon hoses then measure several times before cutting - this being the voice of experience and only using a 2 inch section of a very expensive top hose ☹️

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Hi Phil

What oil temps are you getting up to with the appollo? On the road I get up to 90-100 (when playing), track 100 and just above.

(140 1.8 K)

Just interested as I've also thought about this upgrade *confused*

*Might* be worth checking your temp senders first (unless you have a SPA like me, or a STACK system) just to make sure that those are genuine temps... I've had so much trouble with the standard water temp senders (same units as the standard oil jobbies) that I'd not be able to really trust my OT with a std. gauge.

I'm only running a boggo 1.6k with Apollo, but my OTs are more like mid 70s in this weather for fairly high-speed cruises/blats rising to low to mid 80s if pushing it.

I haven't done a hot trackday this year - but I don't think I broke the 90 barrier last year at Snetterton - but I guess YMMV with a 1.8...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• Leadership Team

Phil,

I'm just in the process of adding a Laminova to my Apollo installation. I should have it ready for the next Daresbury meet - take a trip across? Unlike Roy Booth's car, I've had to fit my Laminova with the oil terminals top and bottom - I have a triple pass rad which appears to push the top hose nearer to the side of the car leaving no space for the Laminova unions when fitted exiting horizontally.

The bottom exit pipe on the apollo remains the same. The top entry pipe for the apollo is fed into the Laminova instead of the tank (in my installation it will enter via a 90deg elbow on the top), then a new pipe is needed to exit the Laminova to feed back into the tank (I'm using a 12" hose, with a straight downwards exit from the Laminova, then a 90 deg elbow feeding back into the tank).

Laminova fittings are -8 JIC, apollo fittings are 1/2" BSP.

Stu.

• Leadership Team

Ok, the shopping list you need from Think is as follows:

Prod.code. FBV0800:

1/2" socketless hose, in blue. Unions push fit into this. 0.35m is enough.

Prod. code. HEFP7-8:

female straight fitting -8JIC push fit connector - this will self assemble into the new piece of pipe to exit the underside of the Laminova, to then feed into the top of the apollo. In order to attach to the apollo you also need:

Prod.code. HEFP93-8:

1/2" BSP female 90deg fitting, push fits onto the other end of the new pipe.

Prod.code. HEFP97-8:

-8JIC female 90deg elbow for push fit pipe. Cut the existing end from the feed pipe to the apollo and push fit the new part. This then connects to the Laminova on the top.

I'm impressed with the quality of the pipe and push fit parts so have additionally ordered 1.5m more hose, and 3 more 1/2" BSP 90deg female elbows (1 exit from apollo, 2 for the sandwich plate). This will enable me to swap all the plumbing without having to cut the original hose.

Stu.