Click here if you are having website access problems ×

No Nuts

OK, I'll explain.

there were 65335 postings to the sheds. I misread it as 65535.

Mine being 65336 (or 65536 as I at first thought - I was in such a hurry to post before enyone else did, I was so excited!).

65536 being 64K.

Sorry

😳

Guy

NN 😳

I guess I was just trying to keep up my "sad git" status. 😬

However, I have successfully achieved "stupid git". 😳

Although I will be watching closely for 65535 now!

Guy

NN 😳

Ah yes, the commdore 64, what a beast !

Do you not have Fridge XP then PD ? That supports plug and play on it's milk, egg and Universal Salad Bus interfaces. Sadly you can no longer keep chese in the fridge after installing it, but hey, it looks nice *confused*

Microsoft and HP were talking the other day at WinHEC about having PC's in the kitchen, which can be tellys haning on the wall, and then can be used as notepads and wall planners for all the family etc.

I know I work (well, for the time being I don't!) in IT but technology really gets up my nose sometimes. Especially when it doesn't do what I want because it has to be dumbed down for the mass consumer.

However, a series of screens around the house that I can make notes on would be great. My most useful bit of kit is my old Palm Pilot. So long as I know where it is, I know what I'm supposed to be doing! I suppose I should wi-fi my Palm so I can sync direct to the PC over the network but that'll have to wait for a bit!

NN 😳

I am in it up to my nose at work too 😳

The technology is already around, I am using a tablet PC at the moment, and can write on the screen, in fact I never take pen and paper to meetings anymore. In the new beta release of XP the handwriting recognition is really very good, except the trouble I have getting it to recognise which come out as Novotny and Unquote !! (hence my posting in suggestions about having a quote button like smilies). The great thing is that tablets DO fit on your lap, unlike laptops ! Like big PDA's really, only they don't fit in yer pocket as easily !!! Posting on the train this morning via Bluetooth phone by handwriting on the screen was most fun. Although I did get stared at.

All you need to add is some realtime TV/DVD/Music streaming over WiFi and there you go. Kitchen eStation that you can write notes on.

übergeek get anorak and leaves>

Can't search for handwritten words on Pen And Paper

Endless Supply of electronic Paper available

Cut and Paste is possible with paper, but requires scissors and glue

Can't insert Word documents / interesting bits of web page into a notebook except with Printer / Scissors /Glue

Can't insert space into the middle of a piece of paper except with Scissors and Glue

Lots of pens and highlighters instantly available

Notepad, Diary, Planner, ToDo list instantly to hand for scribbling things in

Can't instantly create a list of all your ToDo's in your pieces of paper

Looks cool *wink*

Blatchat not available on paper yet

After 6 months worth of notes it is no heavier !

And you can't watch BladeRunner on Virtual DVD on the train home with a notepad !

But don't worry about losing your paper and pencil quite as much *smile*