Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pictures of Tonneau Cover

frankyknuckles

And to answer the question about the RWIB - yes, no problem. I've even managed to fit mine with a RWIB, SIB and half doors... (although you may need to fabricate extension straps to secure the tonneau over the HDs....

Again - I can take some pics if you want this PM.

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

excellent, many thanks.

The reason I asked is that the metal bar in the boot cover has holes drilled into it that correspond with holse drilled in the chassis. These are for the fasteners. I was wondering if I can use the pre drilled holes? The AG mentions that you might have to locate these to alternative positions when fitting a tonneau and I though that the centre two holes (the ones close the zip fasterer on the tonneau) would need moving outwards, but judging by Fred's pictures, it looks like I can use the original holes.

Build Diary

You're meant to remove the metal insert if you fit harnesses.

I left it in and made holes in it for the harness bolts to pass through. I didn't bother drilling different holes for the tonneau fasteners, but then I didn't spec a tonneau. May fit one later though.

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. PBC and SVA complete - waiting for March 1st!

I am also planning to leave the metal insert in the boot cover. I removed it last night and it looks a doddle to drill some hole in for the harness bolts.

Why are you instructed to remove it for a harness, is it simply to do with the holes not being in the metal strip?

I wasn't going to fit a tonneau, but I think for practicality during the summer, it is alot easier to fit this in a car park than put the roof up. (Also looks alot cooler *cool*) (likewise for when in the garage)

Build Diary