Click here if you are having website access problems ×

which colour wire?

gavinp

I am trying to wire in a high level brake light. I need to tap into the brake bulb control wire. There are 4 wires going into the rear wing lighting block. A black, red, light green, and dark green. In the lighting block the black terminates on the back plate for a common -ve earth (I presume). The light green goes into the indicator bulb holder and the dark green and red go into the running light/brake light bulb holder. which is obviously holds one dual intensity bulb.

I am guessing that I need to tap into the red or the dark green on the +ve (with black to black on the -ve). Tried red and that didn't work. Have checked the new high level brake light and that works fine when connected straight to a battery.

Any ideas which wire, red or dark green or another? Thanks g.

'98 SLR.

Superlight R #41

Brake lights are on a green wire with purple trace on the actual car loom. You will have to look at the connector on bthe back of the light unit to see what colour that becomes at the actula lamp unit.

Other side of your bulb should be connected to the black wire, or chassis of the car.

Fat Arn

Slay the K.