Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dash Cut-outs

shn7

I now have a nice shiny new carbon fibre dash panel into which I need to mount all the necessary switches, dials etc. This is std. setup not Stack btw.

What I'm wondering is how to get the positioning right. I figure cover it in masking tape and mark up each hole to be cut. But the question is how to get the vertical and horizontal alignment right. Is there a std. template or can someone provide accurate measurements. Anyone got a ready cut panel that they could trace around to create a template and post it to me.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Steve.

I put all the instruments and switches on a xerox copier and cut out the paper copies (not my idea, btw). Then I did some trial approx. positioning of the paper cutouts with scotch tape. You must try it with the dash and wheel in position and sitting in the car. Otherwise you may end up with instruments or switches you can not see or reach. Make sure you don't foul the tubes behind the dash or the steering column. Then align the precise position by measuring to the dash edge and between the instruments.

Gert

Pictures here

Edited by - Slomove on 11 Feb 2004 02:31:03

Edited by - Slomove on 11 Feb 2004 02:56:47

Edited by - Slomove on 11 Feb 2004 03:04:39

I can probably give you some dimensions but not until Monday. If your not doing it this weekend let me know and I will draw it up for you. You will still have to be very careful that the dials (big ones) don't hit the chassis bars. There really is not much space between these bars. Any problems e-mail me.

Richard in France

Flying fast in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon