Click here if you are having website access problems ×

cwp

john aston

I have 1.4k s/sport.5 speed so v overgeared.6 speed the obvious but expensive solution.I asked Jez Coates for comment on different cwp-4.1or4.4.JC feels makes first even less useful etc.Im not a big fan of first so I am still thinking about cwp as a partial solution.Any comments or experience on this?And any previous owners of k5 fun or k14 cat(was factory demo car which was re registered0 welcome to get in touch

Crux of the matter is what 5 speed box do you have - a std or a straight cut with the Quaife gearset??

If you have the Quaife with a 2.04 first and use the 4.4 diff you will have a 57mph first at 7800rpm (1.4K redline??) It'll go on to do 6000rpm in 5th at a ton and around 4000 at 70mph. Max speed at the redline would be 132mph

If you want the program whith which I worked this out drop me an email.....

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a Slow Old Vauxhall wink.gif

I think that you'll have to bite the bullet, and go for a 4.1 cwp, and get the box out and get 1st gear "lengthened" so that it becomes useable, 'cause there's no use in having a 5 speed box, only to end up using 4 of the ratios. If you do this, you'll find it so much nicer. But it is going to be expensive, so you should investigate the cost of a 6 speed box, and retaining your current 3.92 cwpquestion.gif there might not be too much in it, but use Arnies' calculator and check all your ratio/road speeds.