Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Blade Wheels

GasMan

JW has my Blade almost ready now. Passed its SVA just waiting for the cage from Caterham.

Reason for the posting. I've decided to get Mike Barnby's Magnesium Wheels. 6 1/2*13 fronts should be OK. But should I get 7 or 7 1/2 *13 rears?

The big question. Anyone know what the rear offset should be? I would like to get it right first time.

JW closed this week and I'd like to order them as son as possible.

Thanks Matt *thumbup*

I have a Blade.

Has your car got the rear Disc Brakes? This increases the track I think.

If so IMHO the 7j rears are wide enough and come up level with the arch already.

ET35 offset rings a bell but I would have to spin a rim off to check

I would go 6 and 7 j respectively but its your car

Steve

See My Old Zetec Power 7 Here. Caterham Fireblade update soon

Thanks for the advice.

Yes mine is the disc braked rear axle. I will use ACB 10's 6.0/21.0-13 fronts and 7.0/22.0-13 rears I think 6" fronts and 7" rears from MB will be the ones to go for but I still need the offsets for the rears. MB said if one of the disc braked guys measured from the outside of the hub to a plumb dropped from the inside edge of the wheel arch he could work out the offset. Any further suggestions?

Matt *confused*

oops forgot that you're dealing with a live axle and not a dedion - please disregard my suggested offsets.

Talking to avon and asking what wheels are best for the tyres you want to run is a good plan. eg I have 205 CR500s on 7" wheels and they're fine, but they're best on 8.5" wheels...

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

You know what I find odd is when people put same-size tyres on different size-wheels (front and back). Never understood that.

I'm curious as to whether people find much difference in having same-size wheels but larger tyres on the back.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours