Jump to content
Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which car does the fuel pump holder come from?

Tight fart

Recommended Posts

The part I need is the assembly that holds the fuel pump in the tank (inj cars) I am changing from carbs to fuel inj, I have the Caterham tank and pump but I am missing the circular part that screws to the tank and holds the pump in at 45deg in the tank. I have spoken to Caterham who will only sell the whole part inc the pump that I have (I may need the R500 pump but they only sell that on it's own meaning I will have to by two pumps, one that I have with the holder, and the 500 pump on it's own) Now according to Caterham the part origionally came from a Vauxhall around 1991.

Any ideas what car it comes from ?


SLR for sale *cool*



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi R


I believe it's from a K series car. I had the same problem recently and got a Metro 1.1 pump which fits OK.


Your best bet is to take the tank along to a good scrappie if you can and check that the thing fits.


You will probably need the little rubber gasket thing, which you can get from Caterham or a Rover dealer. Otherwsie Sod's law says it will leak.


Good luck!


Andy Couchman

Gloucestershire AO, L7 Club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...