Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VX 2ltr XE Fully ported big valve head

MEF

Fully ported big valve XE head, +1mm REC valves, bronze guides, very nice porting job, uprated springs. No dissy drive facility. This head will help produce 250Bhp with the right cams etc.

£500. tel: 0161 777 7042 or e-mail me.

The head originally came off a very sucessful racing saloon car (Astra) driven by John Hammersley (of "ARDS", Aintree racing drivers school fame) in the mid 90's. It won the championship. It produced a strong 200Bhp at the wheels running on 48's and a mechanical dissy with L1 cams. I think it is fair to say that it has the potential to produce more power than that with throttle boddies, better cams etc. To build a head of this spec starting from a good secondhand standard head casting would cost over £2K including all parts and labour & VAT, I know as I've priced it up. I think £500 is a fair price considering the work that has gone into it.

Can't understand why this head is still for sale! It's the business, would cost IRO £2k to have built to this spec! Just lapped valves in, sale includes "Spesso" head gasket that cost me £65. Ideal for HPC upgrade, will take standard head in part-ex if necessary!