Click here if you are having website access problems Ă—

6 Point Harness Adjustment

Bryan

Hoping for a bit of feedback on the adjustability of the crotch straps on a 6 point harness.

Both myself and girlfriend drive the car, and there’s a bit of a height difference (5’ to 5’10”), so the seat position is either basically all the way back or forward on the runners. It has Caterham 4 point harnesses at the minute, with pull up to tighten lap belts where the buckle disappears round the back/outside of the seat when it’s right forward, so a real pain to adjust.

I’m looking to renew/switch to a new set, with pull down lap straps, and possibly upgrading to 6 point. The bit I’m not sure of is if the crotch straps would be adjustable between the two driver positions. Any buckles that I’ve seen look to be right back towards the anchor points, so somewhat under the seats.

The car is a 2002 Superlight R, so an imperial S3, and the seats are carbon Tilletts.

Thanks

Bryan

• Support Team

We have 2 crotch straps fitted adjusted to the two positions we need - just use the one you need and tuck the other one out of the way

• Area Representative

Bryan

I am just fitting a 6 Point crotch strap and from what I can see with Tillets that is going to be difficult to do between the two positions. I did wonder if you could fit 2 crotch straps, one for you and one for your girlfriend set to two different lengths?

Nick

Above seems best option to me.

adjusting crotch straps is a seat out job. So having 2 crotch straps set to required lengths would be best option if your regularly swapping drivers and didn’t want to faff taking seat out to adjust each time. 

Speak to Jake @ TRS they can offer 2" lap belts with the  integral adjusters and tongue   'Quick Adjuster'   from the International set, He made mine with 3" shoulder and 2" lap and crotch belts alloy adjusters throughout with the shoulders belts he correct length and all 6 had eye bolt plates as apposed to clip hooks.

BM me if you want me to send you the order I made with Jake, or photos of the lap adjusters

*wavey*

9 minutes ago, 7 wonders of the world said:

Speak to Jake @ TRS they can offer 2" lap belts with the  integral adjusters and tongue   'Quick Adjuster'   from the International set, He made mine with 3" shoulder and 2" lap and crotch belts alloy adjusters throughout with the shoulders belts he correct length and all 6 had eye bolt plates as apposed to clip hooks.

BM me if you want me to send you the order I made with Jake, or photos of the lap adjusters

*wavey*

I have the quick adjuster lap straps. Absolute game changer. I sent my first set of TRS “caterham” magnum belts back because they were horrid to live with.
Went with the 2” Ultralite 6 point with quick adjust lap straps and they are AMAZING!! Can actually adjust them properly and they fit me and the car amazing. Super comfortable too.